<$BlogRSDUrl$>




Sunday, October 17, 2004



[Ta Kung Pao 17/10/04]

Bobo Chan, Myolie Wu, Joe Ma, John Tang and Jack Wu were among the cast members from TVB's "Passion for Black Forest" filming a cake-making examination yesterday. Before the shoot started, Bobo, John and Jack were picking at the cakes on the set and Bobo reveals that there are different cakes for them to try in every scene, so since filming started, she has put on a few pounds. She laughs: "When I see myself on the screen now, I am worried that my face will become wider and wider."

When asked if she had read any magazine reports lately, Bobo immediately smiled: "You are finally getting to the point!" hinting about the reporters' questions regarding reports that Bobo's rumoured boyfriend Edison Chan has been on a secret date to Taiwan with Cookies' Stephy Tang. In response to this, Bobo did not seem bothered as she said: "It's not up to me whether to believe it or not. (Are you upset?) Why would I be upset? They are both my good friends and if they are really dating then that is pretty normal, that is IF they are dating because it might not be real. (Do you think they match each other?) Of course they do."

Bobo admits that she is in touch with Edison and when asked if she will be asking him for the truth when she calls him, she smiles: "I will not be so nosy and anyway, he gets asked about these things enough by the press. I know how it feels so I will not ask him again. (If they are really dating, will you congratulate them?) You make it sound like they are getting married! (Would you congratulate them?) Yes, I would."

This year's anniversary awards are under close scrutiny at the moment and Myolie says: "In the last year, I have only had 'Dreams of Colours' aired, so I don't hold out much hope for an award this yearm but I have four series in hand at the moment, so I hope that they will be aired next ear and I can reap some rewards of my hard work."

Myolie also hopes that TVB can add some extra awards, such as best script, best costume and even best scene so that more people can win awards and it can raise morale among the staff. She says: "Take the year I won the 'Most Improved Female Artiste' award, it was a new award and I was the first person to receive it. It was a great encouragement for me and now I still keep the award in my living room beside the televsion so that I can see it whenever I watch TV."

http://www.takungpao.com/news/2004-10-17/UL-318339.htm



[Ta Kung Pao 17/10/04]

A Rio de Janeiro party was held in Central's Lan Kwai Fong earlier and Maria Cordero's two daughters attended wearing samba costumes for their performance, attracting many people to watch. Many artistes also took part in the carnival, including Maggie Cheung, who flew back to Hong Kong especially.

Maggie will soon be taking over from Sally Yeh as the ambassador for the 'Pink Revolution' promoting breast cancer awareness, so she took part in these activities on the mainland recently and therefore missed TVB's anniversary press conference. She is not worried about upsetting the company though because she feels that the charity organisation is worth supporting, so she is pleased to become their ambassador. As she is currently working, she may not be able to attend the anniversary show itself either. Is she not afraid that she will be accused of missing it because she is not getting an award? She says: "No, the series 'Song of Everlasting Sorrow' is my first mainland TV series, so even if you say I am putting this show before anything else, then I have nothing to say."

On the day of the press conference, the artiste vote for 'My Favourite Lead Roles' resulted in Sheren Tang and Gigi Lai getting many of the votes, but Maggie says she does not mind because everyone in this series (War and Beauty) had a great performance. So who would she have voted for? She says that she does not want to affect the judging, so she does not want to say. Winning the award last year does not mean that she is feeling less pressure as she denies suggestions she is planning to lose.

There have been rumours that there have been many versions of a "War and Beauty" sequel appearing on the internet, Maggie says that her own fans have sent scripts into TVB. After reading them, she finds that they have put a lot of effort into them, but she does not know if the company will take them up.

http://www.takungpao.com/news/2004-10-17/UL-318333.htm



[Ta Kung Pao 17/10/04]

This year's Miss Hong Kong second runner up Fu Sze Sze represented Hong Kong at the Beijing Labourer's Stadium for the Miss International Pageant where she was awarded Miss Friendship, selected from over sixty other contestants, once again taking the honour for Hong Kong after Cathy Wu won the same award in 2002.

In the past, Miss International has taken place in Japan, but this year it was moved to Beijing and Sze Sze's parents flew out to lend her their support. After winning the award, Sze Sze said very excitedly: "This year I am the first to take part in an international competition and to win an award, I am very happy."

Sze Sze will be returning to Hong Kong this evening at around 7:30 pm and this year's Miss Hong Kong winner Kate Tsui will be at the airport to meet her and welcome her home.

http://www.takungpao.com/news/2004-10-17/UL-318340.htm



Back to top