<$BlogRSDUrl$>




Tuesday, August 26, 2003



[Oriental Daily]

In response to the good ratings averaging 31 points for her new series "Mei Lai Joi Mong" (Not Just A Pretty Face), Joey Yung says that she can finally wash away her shadow as "Ratings Poison" as she has discovered she has a talent for performing comedic roles, she says: "When I went for dinner at the radio station, the chefs there all ran out and said to me 'Go go go' and when I heard this I was very happy. Also, my brother is usually quite cool when it comes to television but when I got home, I saw him watching my show. I always felt I was 'ratings poison' but now I can wash away this name. (Are you going to challenge the comedy queens like Sammi Cheng and Miriam Yeung?) For the time being I haven't been approached to make these films, but I can do. We have different comedy positions so it won't be the same though."

Joey says that in real life, she daren't be cheeky to anyone, but in the show she can really show off her argumentative streak: "In real life I am not brave enough to shout at people as my legs will shake. (Don't people take advantage of you?) Yes, like Eason Chan, the worst time was when we were filming "Wan Pak Ng Chai" (Demi Haunted) and when I was asleep, he put a cigarette in the side of my mouth, in all my life cigarettes are what I hate the most. (Is Eason rather moody and temperamental lately?) Not at all, he is quite quiet and pensive, actually he is quite an OK guy and quite funny, but I don't have such luck to have such a great boyfriend, to be his girlfriend would be quite fortunate."

http://orientaldaily.com.hk/ent/ent_a09cnt.html


Back to top