<$BlogRSDUrl$>




Wednesday, July 16, 2003



Twenty Miss HK contestants went to Sai Kung's Chek Chau to film some diving shots yesterday. They all appeared in one-piece swimming costumes and wearing diving gear on their backs to bravely enter the waters. However, four of the girls weren't able to go into the water who were Number 2 Cho Man Li, Number 7 Wong Chung Hei, Number 19 Au Yuen Ching and Number 20, Chik Doi Doi. Number 12 Ng Hang Mei was slightly injured as she was knocked against the side of the boat by a wave, but apart from a slight knock to her hip, she is fine.

Wong Chung Hei was unable to get in the water and was asked whether this was because she was on her period, she said: "No, not at all! It is because I have an infection in my left eye where there is an ulcer and also I have a slight fever so I can't get in the water, I have a note from the doctor to prove it."

Rumours are rife that whilst filming in Phuket, Wong Chung Hei pretended to be injured on purpose to try and steal the scene and was boycotted by the other members as a result. As this is not the first time she has been accused of this, she responds: "I don't need to use these tricks to steal the show and I have a doctor's note to prove it. Moreover, I don't feel any hard feelings from the other contestants, but I can only keep a low profile and be careful what I say. (Do you have any problems getting on with the other girls?) I don't feel there is a problem."

Apart from this, a magazine has done some unearthing of the contestants family backgrounds and Number 11 Yeung Lok Ting has been dubbed "Miss HK Grassroots" because she lives in a public housing estate. In response to this, she says that she doesn't mind being investigated: "My home is in Canada and I am staying with a relative. Having them take me in is already a great thing." Also, Number 2 Cho Man Li was found to have the richest background, living in an expensive house in Tsim Sha Tsui. She says that of course she doesn't want her home to be revealed, but she can't do anything about it and she says her family is not very rich.

Also, Cho Man Li indicated the reason why she couldn't get in the water was because she was afraid of allergic reaction with the sea water; Number 19 Au Yuen Ching was seasick in the boat and as for Number 20 Chik Doi Doi, she says that although she knows how to swim, she was already petrified about not being able to breathe in the practice session, so she was let off. During filming there was a slight diversion as when Number 12 Ng Hang Mei prepared to get into the water, she was washed against the side of the boat by a wave but luckily she is fine apart from a slight injury to her hip.

http://www.singpao.com/20030717/gossip/411337.html


Back to top