<$BlogRSDUrl$>




Thursday, June 26, 2003



Yesterday was the International Anti-drugs day and the Anti-drugs Ambassador Steven Ma took part in a press conference. He was very touched when he heard the stories of two young people's experiences with their drug addictions and how it affected their lives.

Steven said: "When I was a child, I lived in Sham Shui Po and often saw the drug addicts taking drugs in the back staircases and leaving syringes everywhere. At the time, I was very frightened that these people would intrude on neighbours to get money to feed their habit and with time, my fear turned to hatred."

Steven says that drugs shouldn't be classed into soft or hard, those who abuse their use is not loving their own bodies. He proudly emphasises: "Even though I grew up in that environment, you don't see me taking drugs!"

http://www.singpao.com/20030627/gossip/399260.html


Back to top