<$BlogRSDUrl$>




Tuesday, July 01, 2003




Miss HK Update

The twenty contestants have split into two groups to be trained in basic martial arts by Master Lo (Lo Mong) and Chin Ka Lok. During their training, Master Lo was teaching them the basic stance, but with them all over the place, he would move their legs into the right position, causing some squeals from some of the girls. Is Master Lo not afraid of being accused of being indecent towards them? Master Lo replies honourably: "As a master, then it doesn't matter if your pupil is a man or a woman and you shouldn't be afraid of these things. The most important thing is to teach them the basics correctly and this is the responsibility I have been given by the company, so I won't be thinking about other things." As for the contestant who was "touched" number 19 Au Yuen Ching, admitted she was shocked, but she says: "When the master touched me, I was a bit scared. (Are you confident with your Kung Fu?) I don't have a clue about Kung Fu, but I can't sing, can't dance and can't remember lines, so I'll just have to put my hopes on this section."

Chin Ka Lok was asked whether this year's contestants are prettier than his girlfriend Lee San San or not, he says: "They are all very beautiful, very evenly matched, I will not tell you who is prettier. (How is their performance?) Number 11 Yeung Lok Ting has potential." Have you paid attention to friend's daughter Number 7 Wong Chung Hei? He smiles: "Not really, I know she is pretty, but I didn't know she is a friend's daughter, if I'd have known earlier I might have taught her more!" Number 11 Yeung Yuen Ching reveals that she used to do Taekwando when she was younger and she is happy that Chin Ka Lok pointed her out, building up her confidence.

As for Number 7 Wong Chung Hei, she was chosen to demonstrate the wire techniques to the press, but maybe because the straps were too tight, it caused some problems with her body shape. When asked if she had any extra protection, she says: "No, the straps already have protection. (Did it hurt you?) No, but my legs really ache."

http://www.singpao.com/20030702/gossip/402294.html


Back to top